4 Keys to Cutting College Costs Webinar
This will be a valuable class for all parents with College bound students. The workshop will focus on high school Seniors, Juniors, Sophomores and Freshmen, though all grade levels are welcome. Students are encouraged to attend. Our guest speaker, Eric McGinley, is a College Funding Specialist and Director of The College Funding Specialists. He is a member of of a number of College Planning organizations and is an expert on College Planning. Eric is also a Certified Student Loan Professional (CSLP) and uses this knowledge to help parents strategically plan on how much and what type of student loans they should take out if necessary!
The workshop will focus on…
- Becoming an Informed Buyer
- How to help students decide which colleges to apply to.
- How to determine if you are eligible for financial aid.
- How to maximize a student’s potential to receive scholarships, grants and other forms of gift aid.
- How families with high incomes can receive financial assistance to help pay for college.
- Show how it is possible to attend a PRIVATE college for a PUBLIC college cost.
- Why procrastination may cost a family thousands of dollars.
- We focus on how to fund College plans and how to minimize the cost of college.
- We help families understand the College Planning process and educate them to become informed buyers.
- Analyze your ability to qualify for college funding and to what extent by computing your Expected Family Contribution for both the Federal and complicated Institutional Methodology.
- Provide a customized “College Search” that evaluates colleges you have specified and pinpoint others that offer the curriculum that fits your child’s career goal and a variety of other specified criteria. The schools chosen are generally those schools that historically have offered strong educational values with available financial aid.
- We show the cost implications of choosing each of the schools students hope to attend.
- We assess whether the College’s offer is a good one and recommend whether to appeal or not and how to do it!
- We show the probability of your student getting into their colleges of choice and them graduating.
- We provide a Return on Investment assessment comparison between the different Colleges and career they have chosen.
- Inform your family about the top companies to obtain student loans that currently have the best interest rates and excellent customer service.