Teacher’s Student Loans
As a teacher you have worked hard to get where you are today! You have completed an undergraduate degree and have competed successfully to get into graduate school and worked very hard to come out the other end with a designation! To get an increase in pay you are encouraged to go back to College and get a post graduate degree. And now that you have graduated, you have found out that it is not all roses and that you are now saddled with a big problem: STUDENT LOAN DEBT!
Only 15% of higher education students are in GRADUATE programs yet they account for 40% of federal student loans issued each year! i.e. $37,000,000,000 per year1
Here are some questions to ask yourself…
Then you have come to the right place!
- Are your Federal student loans larger than your income?
- Do you feel overwhelmed by your monthly student loan payments?
- Do you feel that you can’t move forward with your life because of the amount of student debt hanging over you?
- Are your plans for a home and family on hold because of student loan debt?
- Do you feel that you will NEVER be able to pay your student loans off?
- Do you feel panicked / frustrated that here is no solution to your student loan problem?
- Are you sure you understand how the Public Service Loan Forgiveness process works and are you sure you are properly enrolled?2
- Do you know how the other Teach loan forgiveness plans interact with each other; are you optimized?
We can assess what is the right plan for you based on your current situation and what your Short, Medium and Long Term goals are. We can usually show you ways to significantly reduce your monthly repayment amount and maximize the amount of debt forgiveness you can achieve.
Book a complimentary appointment with me and lets see if we can help you get on track with your life and find solutions to reduce your student loan stress and provide a path to student loan completion.
Eric McGinley is a Board Certified, Student Loan Professional (CSLP).
|Services||Student Loan Analysis & Implementation||Recertification Retainer*|
|Student Loans Data Analysis||Y||Y|
|Meeting to Discuss Student Loan Data||Y|
|Education on the Different Federal Loan Plans Available||Y|
|Calculation of Accumulated Debt per Loan Plan Type||Y|
|Calculation of Student Loan Forgiveness Amount||Y|
|Loan Plan Comparison||Y|
|Student Loan Data Report||Y|
|Monitor Recertification Date||Y|
|Advocate with Loan Servicer||Y|
|Assist in completing all paperwork||Y|
|Assist with Loan deadlines||Y|
|Assist with Annual Recertification||Y|
|Assist with Loan Servicer requirements||Y|
Student Loan Analysis: Ideal for DIYers who just want a plan to follow.
Student Loan Implementation: For anyone who wants the surety of knowing that their plan will be implemented by an expert, so that any issues that arise will be dealt with correctly. This plan can only be selected IF the Analysis package has been purchased first. The maximum number of months is 6 but if incomplete, implementation will continue regardless with no extra payment.
Recertification Retainer: For anyone who wants to make sure that all deadlines are met and that the plan is progressing as it should. This plan can only be purchased if the Analysis package is purchased first.
- In 2018 GAO found that 99% of PSLF applicants were denied because they were enrolled in the wrong repayment plans or hadn’t made a single qualifying payment.