Divorced and Remarried Parents
Divorced or Remarried Scenarios
- Is your child 50-50 between you and your EX and what does that mean?
- Does your EX still live in the same accommodation but separate?
- Is your EX unwilling to support their child going to College?
- Is your EX unwilling to provide their financial information ?
- Have you lost contact with your EX?
- What does having a new spouse mean for financial aid?
Is this You?
- Do you feel that you cannot afford College for your child(ren)?
- If you do pay for College, do you feel that you will either not be able to retire or retire much later?
- Are you concerned that all Colleges are expensive and there are no deals out there?
- Do you feel that saving for College will penalize you?
- Would you like a guide that will educate you on this complex and expensive process and provide a strategy to get your child into College with the least amount of cost possible?
Our process is as follows:
- determine what you will be expected to pay (EFC), which is not the same as what you can afford!
- determine if you qualify for financial aid
- determine if you qualify for merit aid (scholarships)
- determine your 1 year and 4 year cost for each College
- provide a list of Colleges for your student’s major that provide the most financial and/or merit aid
- provide ideas to enhance financial and merit aid
- calculate student loan projections
- collaborate with you to come up with a budget
- perform a College GAP analysis
- provide College savings strategies
- provide strategies to minimize the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) and maximize Financial Aid
- fill out your Financial Aid forms (FAFSA & CSS Profile)
- assess and appeal family circumstance changes and College Award letters to the College
|Services||College Planning||Annual Retainer||Loan Consult (30m)|
|How much Colleges think you can afford (EFC)||Y||Y|
|If you Qualify for Need-based Grants||Y|
|If you Qualify for Merit-based Scholarships||Y|
|1 Year Out of Pocket Cost (for each College)||Y|
|4 Year Out of Pocket Cost (for each College)||Y|
|Need-based Aid Enhancement Ideas||Y|
|Merit-based Aid Enhancement Ideas||Y|
|Student Loan Projections||Y||Y|
|College Pre-Approval Budget||Y|
|College Funding Gap Analysis||Y|
|College Savings Strategies||Y|
|Reallocation of Assets to lower EFC||Y|
|Financial Aid Forms||FAFSA - Y - Free|
CSS Profile - Y - excluding filing fee
|Student Award Letter Analysis and Appeals||Y||Y|
|Access to Portal||Y||Y|
|Student Access to Aptitude Testing||Y|
Foundations Package: Ideal for high school students who have a standardized test score (ACT/SAT) and a list of colleges.
College Planning Package: Ideal for families that don’t want to pay the full sticker price and are looking to see if they can maximize the amount of Aid available (Financial & Merit Aid).
Annual Retainer: Ideal for parents who want a College Funding expert on retainer to ask questions and to help with successive years Financial Aid form submission. Must have purchased College Planning Package previously
|Services||Consulting||Awards Package||Business Owner-Sole Proprietor Package||Athletes Package|
|College Award Letters Analysis||Y|
|College Award Letters Appeal||Y|
|List of Colleges in your Sport & avg. Scholarship||Y|
|List of Colleges with your Major that do your Sport||Y|
|Education of Athlete's Life||Y|
For the Awards Package: If we can’t get you 100% more than what the package costs, there is no charge.
For the Business Owner Package: If our strategy doesn’t pay for itself in the first year, there is no charge.
There is no charge for the Athlete’s Package.